Cthulhu Low Carb Blueberry Pie by “The Recipe For You”, commissioned by The Dark Lord.
INGREDIENTS for Low carb Pie Crust:
1 cup sifted almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener (powdered)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup butter melted
Bottom Pie Crust Instructions:
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients first and mix well
2. Add butter to dry ingredients and mix until it resembles chunky crumbs then press into
your pie plate. You may use parchment paper to help you smooth out the pie crust into
the pie plate and make sure it goes up the sides as well.
3. Poke the pie crust with a fork all over
4. Bake pie crust unfilled at 325 degrees F for 7-10 minutes then set aside to COOL
before adding your filling, it wont be completely cooked yet just ready for your filling.
INGREDIENTS for Low carb Blueberry Pie Filling:
1 ½ cups of fresh blueberries (leave a few good blueberries to the side for the eyeballs)
1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup and 1 tbsp of monk fruit sweetener (granular)
Pie Filling instructions:
1. Mix all filling ingredients in a medium size bowl until well incorporated
INGREDIENTS for Top dough for making Cthulhu
2 cups shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
3 ounces cream cheese
1 1/2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
1 large egg
3 tbsp powdered monk fruit sugar
1. Place the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl.
Microwave in 30 second increments until melted and well mixed (about 1-2 minutes)
2. Add the almond flour, psyllium husk powder, monk fruit and egg to the cheese mixture
and still well with a form until soft dough forms.
3. Knead dough by hand to make sure the ingredients are fully combined.
Pie Assembly Instructions:
1. Add blueberry filling in cool pie crust
2. Separate TOP dough in 1/2 and use 1 part to shape into the head of your Cthulhu and
the other 1/2 is for the tentacles. For the head you want to lay it on a flat surface and
cut into the shape you want. Create 2 holes for the eyes and put in some blueberries
underneath to shape the eyeballs. Make sure to add lids and make him look angry. For the
tentacles its best to roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and cut
into tentacles, shape as you want on the pie.
3. Put in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Keep an eye
out on the tentacles they may burn if in there too long.